no idea what life coaches do?
Here’s some reasons why people choose a life coach:
1. Feeling stuck. So, you have a decision to make? Like getting married, leave an unhappy relationship, change careers, leave the country. Or simply follow that dream that you have had for years. Do you feel confused with that voice of reason that holds you hostage? Yes, the one that says, “go for it!” You are overwhelmed with thoughts of “what if I do it and it doesn’t work” vs “what if I don’t do it and I regret it”.
As your life coach I will consult my crystal ball and tell you the answer.
Not really. Life coaching will help you dig underneath the thoughts and feelings of “what if’s”, help you discover what’s important to you about this decision, and explore those inner voices. I won’t make the decision for you, I will facilitate your clarification.
2. You are lost. Maybe you don’t know what your “calling” is. Maybe you are living your life in auto-pilot. Maybe you just got out of college and decide that your field wasn’t what you really wanted to spend the rest of your life working on. Or, your routine as a parent has made you forget who you truly are!
Rest assured you are experiencing totally normal life stages and there are loads of people just like you. We need to lose ourselves before we can seek our true path. I can help you honour your true self, search for what is truly important to you. Imagine how that may feel!
3. You are unhappy. If you’re unhappy, you need a change. Or you need to change. Happiness is an end destination and searching for happiness makes us lose focus of the joy we can feel, life coaching will do just that!
4. You are happy. When you’re happy, and you love where you are, you’re more likely to be open to growth. You’re more likely to wonder what else is out there for you and why not!
5. You just got out of a relationship. You’re broken-hearted, or maybe not-so-much. Either way, you’re starting over and that’s a beautiful place to be. You have every reason to be excited about beginning again on your terms.
But, what are your terms?
Maybe you no longer know? Well time to discover! We can strategize, explore and clarify. This will be an exciting time for growth and an investment for future healthier relationships. Invest in yourself.
6. You are comfortable. You have your routine. Your comfort zones. It starts here, and it ends there. Any variation of it and you have a challenging time. We’ve all been there. Yes, who doesn’t like being comfortable, are you having fun? What about spontaneity?
I will challenge you to make new magic.
7. You are scared. Fear holds us back, it is generally an emotion that tells us of danger, does it apply to your present situation?
I will hold the space for you to name your fears, give you tools to act despite them and change the way you look and feel about your fears. You’ll still have fears, you’ll just be able to stand up to them with more courage.
8. You have completed therapy and thinking, “Now what?” As a fully practicing therapist, I know life coaching is a great follow up to personal therapy, it enables clients to continue their own self-discovery journey. As a life coach I am interested in where you are now and where you want to go.
No matter what you feel, you are not broken, nor do you need “fixing”. You are naturally creative, resourceful and whole when it comes to you and your life. As a life coach I can help you tap into that.
Also, life coaches aren’t magicians or fortune tellers, we don’t have a magic wand. The solution always resides inside of you, but many times we are so fearful, we can’t hear or see it. Coaching can help you look at any situation from a different perspective to get you out of that paralyzing fear.
Are you ready to take the next step?